Are we alone? UFO sightings in Essex would suggest not
TWO RESIDENTS claimed to have seen extraterrestrial activity in the Dunmow skyline in an 11 day period.
The first was on March 17 when Gail Taplin from Little Dunmow saw lights in the sky that were neither aeroplane nor helicopter.
Speaking on uk-ufo.co.uk she said: “I thought at first it was a star but it twinkled too brightly and seemed to change from white to a tinge of blue and then a tinge of red. Plane lights from Stansted Airport were going either side and above it at times.
“I watched the light almost constantly for half an hour during which time, using the roof line of a nearby house as the gauge, it dropped from about 3” above the roof line and disappeared below the roof line. I am used to plane and helicopter lights, this was definitely neither.”
Then just 11 days later, on March 28, a man saw three round spheres heading west while driving his car on the A120.
You may also want to watch:
Again, speaking to uk-ufo.co.uk he said: “I was returning home from work and heading east along the A120 making my way towards Braintree. My eyes was fixed ahead of me on the traffic in front when an object entered my field of vision above the horizon, it almost came out of no where.
“It was heading west directly above me and must have been no more than 500 - 700 feet above and changed shape from what seemed to be an ellipse to 3 round spheres and back again before passing over the roof of the car.
- 1 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 2 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 3 Universal Credit: Help is still out there, says Essex County Council
- 4 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 5 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 6 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 7 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 8 Tributes paid to PC Tris Baker who died in Roxwell collision
- 9 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 10 Hylands Park's new parking charges will be lowered, says council
“Anyone from this area will realise it was a very bright, sunny and clear day. So much so that it was reflecting the sunlight in the same manner foil would. I would estimate it took five to six seconds by the time it entered my sight to the point it had passed overhead. I also followed it momentarily in my driver’s side wing mirror.”