Are ewe looking at me? Sheep are a big attraction
FUN was had by all the family at Great Garnetts farmer s market at the Barnston Farm last Saturday. Julie and Jonathan Smith decided to hold the fun day and produce market, to heighten the public s awareness to the products available locally and in partic
FUN was had by all the family at Great Garnetts farmer's market at the Barnston Farm last Saturday.
Julie and Jonathan Smith decided to hold the fun day and produce market, to heighten the public's awareness to the products available locally and in particular to their turkey and pork produce.
The event also allowed the public to see all the farm animals being looked after as well as drawing other food producers from the area to present their goods.
Mother-of-one Mrs Smith said: "The event was such a success we have now booked two others on October 14 and November 11 and we plan to make it a monthly event."
You may also want to watch:
Homemade honey, soaps, crafts, meat, cakes and pies all produced locally were all on sale at the stalls.
Children enjoyed the farm tours, allowing them to pet the animals and watch them feed.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 3 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 7 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 8 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 9 New cycle network consultation announced
- 10 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
Visitors also saw bees at work on honeycomb.
For details of future events call Great Garnetts farm on 01245 231 331.