Anniversary for Essex air ambulance
AN ESTIMATED 2000 people came to Hylands House near Chelmsford to celebrate Essex Air Ambulance s 10th anniversary last week. On a glorious sun-soaked afternoon, John Bardon and June Brown from the cast of Eastenders came to sign autographs and help say a
AN ESTIMATED 2000 people came to Hylands House near Chelmsford to celebrate Essex Air Ambulance's 10th anniversary last week.
On a glorious sun-soaked afternoon, John Bardon and June Brown from the cast of Eastenders came to sign autographs and help say a big thank you to the people of Essex for keeping the Essex Air Ambulance flying for a decade.
The afternoon, which was sponsored by Festival Leisure, was full of live music, entertainment and most importantly, the life-saving Air Ambulance and her crew flew in.
Young and old joined VIPs and dignatories from across the county and had the opportunity to clamber aboard for a cockpit view; getting up close to the aircraft which is only available because of the generosity and support of the public.
You may also want to watch:
The day also saw the charity's 10410 Appeal reach its £10,000 target. The appeal, launched in May, invited local businesses to donate £10, £1 for each year the aircraft has been in operation.
Jane Gurney, General Manager of Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust said, "We had a fantastic day marking the achievements of the people of our county who have worked so hard for the past 10 years to help keep our vital life-saving helicopter in the air.
- 1 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 2 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 3 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 4 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 5 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 6 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 7 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 8 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 9 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 10 Rain thwarts Aythorpe Roding's title charge but High Roding at the double again
"Our aim was to say a big thank you to our volunteers, aircrew, staff and the people and businesses of the county who have kept the Air Ambulance flying. The public once again showed their support with donations on the day totaling more than £2,500!
"Thank you to all those who helped make the event possible including our sponsors Festival Leisure. Everyone worked extremely hard to make the day the success that it was, without them it just wouldn't have been possible. We would also like to say a big thank you to everyone who supported our 10410 Appeal.
"We had a fantastic response to this very simple idea and we are thrilled that it raised such an amazing amount.
"Our work will continue as usual as we look to the future. With each flight costing in excess of £2,000 fundraising efforts are as vital as ever and we continue to need the support of the people of Essex."
For further information about Essex Air Ambulance visit EssexAir Ambulance.uk.com