Angel Lane Surgery in Dunmow raises money for Farleigh Hospice
ANGEL Lane Surgery handed over a cheque worth over �500 to a hospice last week after three weeks of fundraising.
The surgery held three flu clinics in October and November where they sold cakes, teas and raffles tickets all for Farleigh Hospice in Chelmsford.
Deborah Wald, of Angel Lane Surgery, said: “We didn’t expect to raise as much as that but we’re thrilled that we were able to do so.
“We chose Farleigh by asking all the staff and patients who we should fundraise for; they were unanimous in wanting a hospice so we chose Farleigh.”
Mrs Wald and Dr Peter Linn presented the �540 cheque to Fiona Ward of Farleigh Hospice.
You may also want to watch:
After raising a substantial sum Mrs Wald added: “We want to fundraise for them again next year. We’ll do the same kind of thing plus a few other things like sell second hand books. I’ll be asking staff and patients for ideas as well.”
- 1 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 2 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 3 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 7 Essex A&E waiting times: fears raised about winter as 'NHS really struggling'
- 8 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 9 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 10 Be there for seasonal Apple and Bees Day at the Gardens of Easton Lodge