Angel Lane Surgery in Dunmow raises money for Farleigh Hospice
ANGEL Lane Surgery handed over a cheque worth over �500 to a hospice last week after three weeks of fundraising.
The surgery held three flu clinics in October and November where they sold cakes, teas and raffles tickets all for Farleigh Hospice in Chelmsford.
Deborah Wald, of Angel Lane Surgery, said: “We didn’t expect to raise as much as that but we’re thrilled that we were able to do so.
“We chose Farleigh by asking all the staff and patients who we should fundraise for; they were unanimous in wanting a hospice so we chose Farleigh.”
Mrs Wald and Dr Peter Linn presented the �540 cheque to Fiona Ward of Farleigh Hospice.
You may also want to watch:
After raising a substantial sum Mrs Wald added: “We want to fundraise for them again next year. We’ll do the same kind of thing plus a few other things like sell second hand books. I’ll be asking staff and patients for ideas as well.”
- 1 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 2 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 3 Police seek witnesses to two vehicle collision
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 6 Stations benefit from funding
- 7 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 8 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 9 Archaeologists find remains of Iron Age village
- 10 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings