Angel Lane Surgery in Dunmow raises money for Farleigh Hospice
ANGEL Lane Surgery handed over a cheque worth over �500 to a hospice last week after three weeks of fundraising.
The surgery held three flu clinics in October and November where they sold cakes, teas and raffles tickets all for Farleigh Hospice in Chelmsford.
Deborah Wald, of Angel Lane Surgery, said: “We didn’t expect to raise as much as that but we’re thrilled that we were able to do so.
“We chose Farleigh by asking all the staff and patients who we should fundraise for; they were unanimous in wanting a hospice so we chose Farleigh.”
Mrs Wald and Dr Peter Linn presented the �540 cheque to Fiona Ward of Farleigh Hospice.
You may also want to watch:
After raising a substantial sum Mrs Wald added: “We want to fundraise for them again next year. We’ll do the same kind of thing plus a few other things like sell second hand books. I’ll be asking staff and patients for ideas as well.”
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease