An Egg-cellent way to boost trade
- Credit: Archant
An entrepreneur from Flitch Green has taken the lead on a new idea that is becoming an ever popular way to boost trade – a pop-up shop.
Emma Baldock launched her home-based business, Milk and Cupcake Gifts, three years ago.
But last Friday, she started selling her range of funky and unique children’s gifts from The Egg, in Braintree.
Emma said: “I have primarily run my business from home, selling my products through targeted events and through social media channels.
“I have wanted to take the next step and have my own shop for some time now, and so I am so pleased I have been given this opportunity to try a pop-up.”
You may also want to watch:
The pop-up concept sees businesses, retailers, restaurants or even art galleries take up premises for a set length of time, ranging from a couple of weeks to a few months.
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 6 New cycle network consultation announced
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 10 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford