An Egg-cellent way to boost trade
- Credit: Archant
An entrepreneur from Flitch Green has taken the lead on a new idea that is becoming an ever popular way to boost trade – a pop-up shop.
Emma Baldock launched her home-based business, Milk and Cupcake Gifts, three years ago.
But last Friday, she started selling her range of funky and unique children’s gifts from The Egg, in Braintree.
Emma said: “I have primarily run my business from home, selling my products through targeted events and through social media channels.
“I have wanted to take the next step and have my own shop for some time now, and so I am so pleased I have been given this opportunity to try a pop-up.”
You may also want to watch:
The pop-up concept sees businesses, retailers, restaurants or even art galleries take up premises for a set length of time, ranging from a couple of weeks to a few months.
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 3 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 4 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 5 Dolly the pig gets help after getting stuck in the mud
- 6 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 7 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 8 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 9 Try this at home: Chef Webb from MasterChef's latest recipe
- 10 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe