An £80,000 mini-roundabout is set to be built in Hatfield Heath
- Credit: Archant
An £80,000 scheme to build a mini-roundabout in Hatfield Heath has been given the go-ahead.
The traffic calming measure, being built at the junction of the A1060 Chelmsford Road and the B183 Dunmow Road, will allow vehicles on both roads to filter through with greater ease and will also slow traffic down through the parish.
County councillor Rodney Bass, cabinet member for highways, said: “This scheme improves safety for motorists and ensures businesses can use the A1060 and B183 at Hatfield Heath without fear of delays.”
The scheme was recommended by Hatfield Heath Parish Council and put forward by the Uttlesford Highways Panel, which is funding the project.
Susan Barker, the county councillor for Hatfield Heath, said: “I welcome the news that the council council has approved this scheme, which demonstrates great collaborative working with the parish council and the local highways panel.”
You may also want to watch:
Work is due to start in early 2015.
- 1 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 2 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 3 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 4 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 5 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 6 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 7 Essex A&E waiting times: fears raised about winter as 'NHS really struggling'
- 8 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 9 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 10 Award for off-duty police officer who saved a man's life