An £80,000 mini-roundabout is set to be built in Hatfield Heath
- Credit: Archant
An £80,000 scheme to build a mini-roundabout in Hatfield Heath has been given the go-ahead.
The traffic calming measure, being built at the junction of the A1060 Chelmsford Road and the B183 Dunmow Road, will allow vehicles on both roads to filter through with greater ease and will also slow traffic down through the parish.
County councillor Rodney Bass, cabinet member for highways, said: “This scheme improves safety for motorists and ensures businesses can use the A1060 and B183 at Hatfield Heath without fear of delays.”
The scheme was recommended by Hatfield Heath Parish Council and put forward by the Uttlesford Highways Panel, which is funding the project.
Susan Barker, the county councillor for Hatfield Heath, said: “I welcome the news that the council council has approved this scheme, which demonstrates great collaborative working with the parish council and the local highways panel.”
You may also want to watch:
Work is due to start in early 2015.
- 1 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 2 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 3 Distraction theft in Dunmow leaves woman without handbag
- 4 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 5 Church received £31,000 grant for restoration purposes
- 6 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 7 Police appeal after clothing theft from donation container
- 8 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 9 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 10 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council