An £80,000 mini-roundabout is set to be built in Hatfield Heath
- Credit: Archant
An £80,000 scheme to build a mini-roundabout in Hatfield Heath has been given the go-ahead.
The traffic calming measure, being built at the junction of the A1060 Chelmsford Road and the B183 Dunmow Road, will allow vehicles on both roads to filter through with greater ease and will also slow traffic down through the parish.
County councillor Rodney Bass, cabinet member for highways, said: “This scheme improves safety for motorists and ensures businesses can use the A1060 and B183 at Hatfield Heath without fear of delays.”
The scheme was recommended by Hatfield Heath Parish Council and put forward by the Uttlesford Highways Panel, which is funding the project.
Susan Barker, the county councillor for Hatfield Heath, said: “I welcome the news that the council council has approved this scheme, which demonstrates great collaborative working with the parish council and the local highways panel.”
You may also want to watch:
Work is due to start in early 2015.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome