All UK flights grounded until 1am on Tuesday, say NATS
ALL flights across the UK – including arrivals and departures from at Stansted, Gatwick and Heathrow – will be grounded until at least 1am on Tuesday, National Air Traffic Services (NATS) has announced. A NATS spokesman said: Based on the latest informat
ALL flights across the UK - including arrivals and departures from at Stansted, Gatwick and Heathrow - will be grounded until at least 1am on Tuesday, National Air Traffic Services (NATS) has announced.
A NATS spokesman said: "Based on the latest information from the Met Office, NATS advises that the current restrictions across UK controlled airspace due to the volcanic ash cloud will remain in place until at least 0100 (local) on Tuesday April 20.
"Anyone hoping to travel should contact their airline before travelling to the airport.
"Conditions around the movement of the layers of the volcanic ash cloud over the UK remain dynamic. NATS is maintaining close dialogue with the Met Office and with the UK's safety regulator, the CAA, in respect of the international civil aviation policy we follow in applying restrictions to use of airspace. We are currently awaiting CAA guidance.
You may also want to watch:
"We are working closely with Government, airports and airlines, and airframe and aero engine manufacturers to get a better understanding of the effects of the ash cloud and to seek solutions."
The next update will be issued at approximately 3pm (local) today.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 4 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 5 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 6 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 7 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 8 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 9 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 10 Essex County Council approves council tax increase