All aboard 'Virtual cruise' to Mumbai
BUPA care home residents in Great Dunmow got a taste of India this week as they set sail for Mumbai. Staff at the Croft House Nursing and Residential Home organised the special trip as part of a virtual world cruise series. They organised decorations
BUPA care home residents in Great Dunmow got a taste of India this week as they 'set sail' for Mumbai.
Staff at the Croft House Nursing and Residential Home organised the special 'trip' as part of a virtual world cruise series.
They organised decorations, drink, music and dance for the stop-over for residents who are unable to go on a holiday. The party included entertainment, provided by four girls in traditional costumes performing classical Indian dances, and was concluded with a traditional buffet meal.
Dunmow town mayor, Cllr Gwynn Davies, attended the event and spent time talking to the residents and guests.
You may also want to watch:
Activities co-ordinator, Martine de Carnys, said: "Everyone deserves a holiday and with so many of our residents unable to travel anymore, we're did the next best thing by brining different cultures to the home.
"This was a perfect way for us to see the world. A good day was had by all."
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 4 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 5 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 6 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 7 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 8 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 9 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 10 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
The residents have also visiting New York, Sydney, Cape Town and Dublin during the virtual cruise. More than 300 Bupa care homes throughout the UK participated in the events.
For more information on the events organised by Croft House Nursing and Residential Home call 01371 872135.