All aboard 'Virtual cruise' to Mumbai
BUPA care home residents in Great Dunmow got a taste of India this week as they set sail for Mumbai. Staff at the Croft House Nursing and Residential Home organised the special trip as part of a virtual world cruise series. They organised decorations
BUPA care home residents in Great Dunmow got a taste of India this week as they 'set sail' for Mumbai.
Staff at the Croft House Nursing and Residential Home organised the special 'trip' as part of a virtual world cruise series.
They organised decorations, drink, music and dance for the stop-over for residents who are unable to go on a holiday. The party included entertainment, provided by four girls in traditional costumes performing classical Indian dances, and was concluded with a traditional buffet meal.
Dunmow town mayor, Cllr Gwynn Davies, attended the event and spent time talking to the residents and guests.
Activities co-ordinator, Martine de Carnys, said: "Everyone deserves a holiday and with so many of our residents unable to travel anymore, we're did the next best thing by brining different cultures to the home.
"This was a perfect way for us to see the world. A good day was had by all."
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 3 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 4 Stebbing Tractor Run 2022 delights the crowds: In pictures
- 5 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 6 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 7 Things to do in Essex this June
- 8 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 9 Emergency bananas rescue man's 875-mile solo cycle challenge
- 10 10,000 signatures reached against Essex mega-prison proposal
The residents have also visiting New York, Sydney, Cape Town and Dublin during the virtual cruise. More than 300 Bupa care homes throughout the UK participated in the events.
For more information on the events organised by Croft House Nursing and Residential Home call 01371 872135.