All aboard 'Virtual cruise' to Mumbai
BUPA care home residents in Great Dunmow got a taste of India this week as they set sail for Mumbai. Staff at the Croft House Nursing and Residential Home organised the special trip as part of a virtual world cruise series. They organised decorations
BUPA care home residents in Great Dunmow got a taste of India this week as they 'set sail' for Mumbai.
Staff at the Croft House Nursing and Residential Home organised the special 'trip' as part of a virtual world cruise series.
They organised decorations, drink, music and dance for the stop-over for residents who are unable to go on a holiday. The party included entertainment, provided by four girls in traditional costumes performing classical Indian dances, and was concluded with a traditional buffet meal.
Dunmow town mayor, Cllr Gwynn Davies, attended the event and spent time talking to the residents and guests.
You may also want to watch:
Activities co-ordinator, Martine de Carnys, said: "Everyone deserves a holiday and with so many of our residents unable to travel anymore, we're did the next best thing by brining different cultures to the home.
"This was a perfect way for us to see the world. A good day was had by all."
- 1 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 4 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 5 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 6 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 7 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 8 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 Fun T2 cricket match and BBQ help to celebrate Dunmow's 125th anniversary
The residents have also visiting New York, Sydney, Cape Town and Dublin during the virtual cruise. More than 300 Bupa care homes throughout the UK participated in the events.
For more information on the events organised by Croft House Nursing and Residential Home call 01371 872135.