Dunmow man braves the shave for research charity
- Credit: Archant
A man with prostate cancer had his head shaved in Great Dunmow last Friday to raise money for Cancer Research.
Alan Perry, who was diagnosed with prostate cancer in June 2018, hopes to raise £2,500 to fund research into the disease.
He has received donations from family, friends and local businesses for the shave at Jack Louis Barbers on November 22.
Mr Perry said: "I've got a nice shiny bald head now - I look like a balloon.''.
Since his diagnosis Mr Perry has undergone radiotherapy and brachytherapy, which he says has helped to weaken the cancer.
You may also want to watch:
His father died as a result of prostate cancer and Mr Perry said that his current ambition is to see his son Daniel, 15, get married in the future.
Mr Perry lives and works in Great Dunmow as a taxi driver after previously working for the army and Essex Police.
- 1 Air ambulance and four land vehicles called to Essex emergency
- 2 In pictures: First ever Summer Solstice Sundown festival a hit
- 3 Two taken to hospital after Little Dunmow collision
- 4 In pictures: Stebbing tractor run 2021
- 5 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 Half empty or half full weekend depending on whether you play for Dunmow's firsts or seconds
- 8 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 9 The 2021 Stebbing Tractor Run route
- 10 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success