'Adorable' blind guinea pig needs new home
- Credit: RSPCA Danaher Animal Home
A blind guinea pig and her 'seeing-eye' sister are looking for a new home.
RSPCA Danaher Animal Home, which has a shop in Dunmow, took in blind Ami and Yuki, aged six, earlier this month when their owner could no longer care for them.
They are now seeking someone to adopt them.
Craig Horsler, supervisor at RSPCA Danaher Animal Home said: “Poor Ami also has a little head tilt caused by a previous ear problem.
“Ami is always the first to emerge when she hears the rustle of a bag of treats but waits for Yuki to seek them out so she can follow her lead. It’s adorable to watch.
You may also want to watch:
“Yuki is more than happy to be her sister’s eyes and looks out for her every day.
"Both of the piggies are very confident and friendly, and enjoy spending time around people and being stroked.”
Visit www.danaheranimalhome.org.uk/smallpost/ or phone 0300 111 4321 for more information.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge