Abigail is carnival queen
THE new Dunmow Carnival queen and princesses were crowned after wowing a panel of judges on Monday evening. Young ladies from across the Dunmow area attended the selection evening at the Recreation Ground s Dourdan Pavilion to vie for the honour of repres
THE new Dunmow Carnival queen and princesses were crowned after wowing a panel of judges on Monday evening.
Young ladies from across the Dunmow area attended the selection evening at the Recreation Ground's Dourdan Pavilion to vie for the honour of representing the town at this year's carnival and other events.
After a very close competition, the title was awarded to Abigail Tyrell, 14, from Rayne. Accompanying her will be princesses Phillipa Clapperton, seven, from Dunmow and Kirsty Ayre, 10, also from Rayne.
Linda Grant, assistant advertising manager at the Dunmow Broadcast, was on the panel of four judges. She said: "The girls all looked lovely and the standard was extremely high. It was very difficult to choose the winners but the panel all agreed who should be crowned."
You may also want to watch:
This year's Dunmow Carnival Day is Saturday September 15.
If you would like to take part in this year's event, please email email@example.com
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 7 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed