A-levels: Felsted School
- Credit: Archant
At Felsted School, of the 85 students who took A levels, 30 per cent achieved A* and A grades and 81 per cent got A* to C. This translates as 88 per cent if results are included.
The pass rate A* to E was 99 per cent. There were 37 students who took the International Baccalaureate Diploma and when these results are converted to A level grades the approximate A*-B percentage increases to 68 per cent overall, with 88 per cent A*-C.
The school said a number of subjects achieved exceptional results. These included German, Latin, further maths and theatre studies achieving 100 per cent A*-B and history, chemistry, maths, psychology and religious studies achieved over 75 per cent A*-B.
Felsted’s top A Level achiever was Anthony Hickling, who secured two A*s and one A grade and is planning to read maths at from Robinson College Cambridge. Pierre Davies gained three A grades to read modern languages at Durham University.
Michaela Pawley was Felsted’s top performing girl, achieving A*A*B grades to read sociology at Durham.
You may also want to watch:
Georgia Willson from Great Sampford also achieved her goal of studying business management at Birmingham University, having gained an A* in business studies, an A in drama and theatre studies and a B in economics.
Headmaster Chris Townsend said: “It is fantastic to see so many Felstedians rewarded for their efforts and the hard work of their teachers, with many going off to the best universities in this country and abroad.”
- 1 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 2 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Prince Philip death: Uttlesford service and Garden of Remembrance
- 5 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 6 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 10 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail