A-Level results: Great grades for New Hall students
THE A-Level cohort at New Hall School, Chelmsford, are celebrating excellent results with 45 per cent of grades being at A* and A. Once again New Hall announced a 100 per cent success rate overall.
Principal Katherine Jeffrey said: “We are proud of the students’ successes and it is wonderful to see their excitement today after all their hard work.”
New Hall students gained 31 A*s in total. Outstanding results were achieved in English Literature, with eight students out of 22 being awarded an A*.
Other departments celebrating particular successes were: history with 100 per cent A grades; the classics with 100 per cent A-B; and politics with 100 per cent A*/A-B and over half of entrants being award A*/A.
New Hall’s co-educational sixth form has doubled in size over the last four years and the school opened its St Thomas More Sixth Form Centre in September 2010 in response to the demand for places.
You may also want to watch:
New Hall is now the largest Catholic independent boarding and day school in the country; 250 of its 1,150 students are boarders.
TOP SCORING STUDENTS
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 3 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 7 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 10 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
• Sarah Barrett was awarded top grades in five A Levels, achieving 3 A*s in Critical Thinking, English Literature and Politics and As in Geography and History. She scored a remarkable 100 per cent in every Politics module. Sarah is taking up a place at the University of Warwick to read History and Politics.
• Silva Chen was awarded top grades in six A Levels, achieving and A* in Geography, four As in Art & Design, Chinese, Economics and Mathematics and one B in Critical Thinking. Silva is taking up a place at the University of Durham to read Geography.
• 13 students achieved three or more A*s and As and the majority of New Hall students have secured places at their choice of university, including places at Imperial College London, The University of St Andrews, The University of Warwick, The University of Edinburgh, The University of Bristol, The University of Durham, The University of Loughborough and The University of East Anglia.