A healthy lunch helps Felsted pupils raise cash for Haiti Earthquake Disaster Appeal
A FUNDRAISING lunch was held by staff and pupils at FKS Schools in Felsted to contribute to the Haitian Earthquake Disaster Appeal. The school lived up to its motto of friendship, kindness and sincerity by raising almost �1000 towards the appeal. A sch
A FUNDRAISING lunch was held by staff and pupils at FKS Schools in Felsted to contribute to the Haitian Earthquake Disaster Appeal.
The school lived up to its motto of 'friendship, kindness and sincerity' by raising almost �1000 towards the appeal.
A school spokesman said: "Pupils made donations in return for a healthy lunch while also learning that the simple food they received - which included a roll, cheese and fruit - would mean so much to a poor Haitian family.
"Before the children tucked into their lunch, they reflected on the enormity of the disaster through prayers and hymns."
You may also want to watch:
Head Boy, Joseph Lodge, said: "Overall, the event was well worth doing and you came away with a feeling that you had contributed something for those poor Haitians."
Head Girl, Maud Forsey, added: "This lunch was very simple but delicious.
- 1 Distraction theft in Dunmow leaves woman without handbag
- 2 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 3 Police appeal after clothing theft from donation container
- 4 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 5 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 6 Church received £31,000 grant for restoration purposes
- 7 Community helps foodbank under pressure
- 8 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 9 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 10 Olly Murs looking forward to touring again