A healthy lunch helps Felsted pupils raise cash for Haiti Earthquake Disaster Appeal
A FUNDRAISING lunch was held by staff and pupils at FKS Schools in Felsted to contribute to the Haitian Earthquake Disaster Appeal. The school lived up to its motto of friendship, kindness and sincerity by raising almost �1000 towards the appeal. A sch
A FUNDRAISING lunch was held by staff and pupils at FKS Schools in Felsted to contribute to the Haitian Earthquake Disaster Appeal.
The school lived up to its motto of 'friendship, kindness and sincerity' by raising almost �1000 towards the appeal.
A school spokesman said: "Pupils made donations in return for a healthy lunch while also learning that the simple food they received - which included a roll, cheese and fruit - would mean so much to a poor Haitian family.
"Before the children tucked into their lunch, they reflected on the enormity of the disaster through prayers and hymns."
You may also want to watch:
Head Boy, Joseph Lodge, said: "Overall, the event was well worth doing and you came away with a feeling that you had contributed something for those poor Haitians."
Head Girl, Maud Forsey, added: "This lunch was very simple but delicious.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome