A haven of tranquility
A NATURAL swimming pool in a romantic setting is the crowning glory of the latest garden to open its doors to the public as part of a national scheme. Snares Hill Cottage owners Liz and Peter Stabler have created a peaceful one-and-a-quarter acre garden s
A NATURAL swimming pool in a romantic setting is the crowning glory of the latest garden to open its doors to the public as part of a national scheme.
Snares Hill Cottage owners Liz and Peter Stabler have created a peaceful one-and-a-quarter acre garden since they moved in 14 years ago.
The garden, in Duck End, is divided into several small areas which include a natural bog garden, apple orchard and even a fascinating beach garden complete with beach hut and boat stranded on a pebble beach.
There are fern and fountain gardens, infromal style flower beds and it has many water features including a stunning natural swimming pool - designed by Mr Stabler - which is bordered by romantic cottage beds and a formal border.
You may also want to watch:
The garden is now about to debut for the National Gardens Scheme.
NGS Essex County origaniser, Susan Copeland, said: "This is such a lovely garden to visit and there is so much to see.The garden feels like a completely coheseve design even with so many surprising elements.
- 1 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 2 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 3 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 7 Essex A&E waiting times: fears raised about winter as 'NHS really struggling'
- 8 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 9 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 10 Be there for seasonal Apple and Bees Day at the Gardens of Easton Lodge
"They just seem to blend so well and the natural swimming pool area just bowled me over!"
Snares Hill Cottage at Duck End, near Stebbing, is open on Sunday June 21 from 10am to 4pm. Admission is �3.50, and free for children. Home made teas are on offer. Note that there are some steep slopes in the garden.
The garden is also open on September 13 and by appointment.
The National Gardens Scheme supports a number of charities including Macmillan Cancer Support and Marie Curie Cancer Care. The NGS website www.ngs.org.uk has full details of all open gardens.