5K run with five pints thrown in
WHAT has five drinks, five pubs and 17 pairs of legs capable of running five kilometres? Answer: The Dunmow Ladies Netball team!
The girls in purple succeeded in darting between five of the town’s drinking holes in one day to raise money for the National Deaf Children’s Society.
On the way they indulged in a drink per pub just to keep things even more interesting.
Team member Alison Moscuzza was delighted at the support the girls got whilst they jogged through Dunmow last Saturday (July 10).
“It was brilliant,” she said. “A big success. Some of the girls were a bit dehydrated but it was boiling hot – still everyone had a really good time.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to say a massive thank you to all the people that donated money and helped cheer us on. And thanks to our families and friends for helping us out.”
Known as a 5x5x5 run, the team stopped at the Jalsa Ghar, Traffic, The Cricketers, The Boars Head, and the Kicking Dickey, running one kilometre between each.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 10 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
Mrs Moscuzza added: “Some of our team members have deaf children and so the charity is very close to our hearts. We managed to raise AMOUNT which is fantastic.”