5K run with five pints thrown in
WHAT has five drinks, five pubs and 17 pairs of legs capable of running five kilometres? Answer: The Dunmow Ladies Netball team!
The girls in purple succeeded in darting between five of the town’s drinking holes in one day to raise money for the National Deaf Children’s Society.
On the way they indulged in a drink per pub just to keep things even more interesting.
Team member Alison Moscuzza was delighted at the support the girls got whilst they jogged through Dunmow last Saturday (July 10).
“It was brilliant,” she said. “A big success. Some of the girls were a bit dehydrated but it was boiling hot – still everyone had a really good time.
“We want to say a massive thank you to all the people that donated money and helped cheer us on. And thanks to our families and friends for helping us out.”
Known as a 5x5x5 run, the team stopped at the Jalsa Ghar, Traffic, The Cricketers, The Boars Head, and the Kicking Dickey, running one kilometre between each.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 4 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
- 10 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
Mrs Moscuzza added: “Some of our team members have deaf children and so the charity is very close to our hearts. We managed to raise AMOUNT which is fantastic.”