We won’t be fooled over pub!
ARE we ever going to get our pub back? The old adage says that you can fool all the people some of the time, you can fool some of the people all the time, but you can t fool all of the people all of the time . The present owners of The Kings Head pub c
ARE we ever going to get our pub back?
The old adage says 'that you can fool all the people some of the time, you can fool some of the people all the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time'.
The present owners of The Kings Head pub closed three years ago at the whim of a group of would be property developers with no thought of the impact on the people of Dunmow.
The King's Head is one of the oldest pubs in the town and was considered to be one of the best pubs in the district.
You may also want to watch:
Over the past three years we have been fobbed off with reopening dates: First it was Easter but nothing; then this Christmas, again no action. It was estimated to take four months to do the work!
The pub is surrounded by scaffolding. Is this to make it easy for builders to work or just to help ivy and bell-bind climb?
- 1 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 2 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 3 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 4 Stansted author to release second novel
- 5 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 6 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 7 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 8 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
- 9 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 10 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
Three months have gone by and still nothing has been done.
Are they hoping it will be condemned and allowed to fall down?
The Kings Head is an important part of the town's historical heritage. The Town and District Councils should get together and insist that it reopens. It must not be left to rot.
W.J.Giddings, Knights Way, Great Dunmow