We promise to listen and respond’
THE letter pages of your paper has facilitated a helpful discussion on a number of topics that are of concern to Uttlesford residents – council tax, wheelie bins and Stansted Airport. It is concerning, however, that many contributors do not feel their op
THE letter pages of your paper has facilitated a helpful discussion on a number of topics that are of concern to Uttlesford residents - council tax, wheelie bins and Stansted Airport.
It is concerning, however, that many contributors do not feel their opinions matter and that they are being ignored or patronised.
There is an impression that the council knows best, that members of this administration are there for the benefit of the council (or themselves) and not for the resident.
I believe that the public sector can learn much from the private sector and vice versa. Customer service and respect for the customer is common practise for most organisations and has just as much application for a council as for a business.
You may also want to watch:
Successful organisations are not smug, complacent or arrogant; they do not preach, lecture and bully.
Customer service is not about ticking boxes, paying lip-service or employing consultants.
- 1 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 2 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 3 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 7 Essex A&E waiting times: fears raised about winter as 'NHS really struggling'
- 8 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 9 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 10 Be there for seasonal Apple and Bees Day at the Gardens of Easton Lodge
People currently feel disenfranchised in Uttlesford and frustrated they are not being listened to.
A Conservative led Uttlesford would treat residents as customers and would support council staff in their efforts to listen and respond.