We promise to listen and respond’
THE letter pages of your paper has facilitated a helpful discussion on a number of topics that are of concern to Uttlesford residents – council tax, wheelie bins and Stansted Airport. It is concerning, however, that many contributors do not feel their op
THE letter pages of your paper has facilitated a helpful discussion on a number of topics that are of concern to Uttlesford residents - council tax, wheelie bins and Stansted Airport.
It is concerning, however, that many contributors do not feel their opinions matter and that they are being ignored or patronised.
There is an impression that the council knows best, that members of this administration are there for the benefit of the council (or themselves) and not for the resident.
I believe that the public sector can learn much from the private sector and vice versa. Customer service and respect for the customer is common practise for most organisations and has just as much application for a council as for a business.
You may also want to watch:
Successful organisations are not smug, complacent or arrogant; they do not preach, lecture and bully.
Customer service is not about ticking boxes, paying lip-service or employing consultants.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
People currently feel disenfranchised in Uttlesford and frustrated they are not being listened to.
A Conservative led Uttlesford would treat residents as customers and would support council staff in their efforts to listen and respond.