We are fickle over issues
I MUST congratulate Uttlesford District Council on the introduction of the three wheelie bin system. This is not for any environmental or recycling reasons, but because they have given Dunmow people something new to talk about. I wait with anticipation ea
I MUST congratulate Uttlesford District Council on the introduction of the three wheelie bin system.
This is not for any environmental or recycling reasons, but because they have given Dunmow people something new to talk about.
I wait with anticipation each week for my copy of the Broadcast to drop through the letterbox, so that I can go straight to the letters page and see the latest instalment.
It has given me great pleasure reading tales of peoples' 'wet waste' and how the green bin isn't big enough but the brown bin is too big and how difficult it is to read the numbers on the bottom of plastic containers.
You may also want to watch:
And my absolute favourite was 'I don't own the bins so why should I keep them clean?'
By my reckoning the pro-wheelie bin camp have the edge, but that could all change in the weeks to come.
- 1 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 2 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 3 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 4 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 8 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 9 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 10 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
It is strange how all of a sudden, aircraft aren't noisy and Stansted Airport isn't hell on earth. How fickle we are.