UTTLESFORD Volunteer Centre held a Make a Difference Day event in Dunmow on October 30 at the Arts Centre, off Hasler s Lane, supported by a range of charitable organisations and the local community. The day provided visitors with information about loc
UTTLESFORD Volunteer Centre held a 'Make a Difference Day' event in Dunmow on October 30 at the Arts Centre, off Hasler's Lane, supported by a range of charitable organisations and the local community.
The day provided visitors with information about local volunteering opportunities and was enjoyed by adults and children of all ages.
We are delighted it was such a success. Thank-you to everyone who supported this event.
It has been a fantastic way for people in the local area to find out more about the wide range of volunteering opportunities available to them - from conservation work, to befriending to community driving, and so much more! There really is a chance to make a difference.
At the event there was an opportunity for children aged between four and 16 to take part in a free art competition.
There is still time to get involved in the competition, which is asking children to draw a scene that shows people making a difference in the local community by helping others. The deadline is Monday November 12.
- 1 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 2 What I Learnt From My Grandmother in photographs and banners
- 3 School activities and sports in pictures
- 4 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
- 5 Prime Minister's honour for Dunmow duo
- 6 Hot cyclists reach Paris after 3 days of pedalling
- 7 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 8 Suspense thriller is author's fourth novel
- 9 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 10 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
There are two art prizes available to win. Thank you to the Co-op Dunmow for providing one of the prizes.