Village show was thoroughly enjoyable
I JUST wanted to write and say a big thank you to the organisers of the Countess of Warwick Show that was held on the August Bank Holiday weekend. My family and I were visiting friends who took us along. I have to confess that, for a town-loving person, I
I JUST wanted to write and say a big thank you to the organisers of the Countess of Warwick Show that was held on the August Bank Holiday weekend.
My family and I were visiting friends who took us along. I have to confess that, for a town-loving person, I wasn't that thrilled at the prospect of spending an afternoon in a muddy field.
However, how wrong was I? My children loved the entertainments in the arena, especially my daughter, Heather, who has now fallen in love with horses.
It may come as a surprise to your readers that, at seven years old, she had never had the chance to touch a real horse, let alone feed one a Polo mint.
You may also want to watch:
The vintage cars were a delight to see and so many in beautiful condition and I was really fascinated by was the ploughing competition with the vintage tractors. Strange and quirky, it was right out of The Archers.
Should I mention the beer produced by one of the local breweries? Let me just say that I'm just glad I wasn't driving. It was delicious.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 3 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 7 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 10 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
My friend Tim (who joined me in the sampling) has promised, when he next ventures south, he'll bring a barrel for me.
So, a big thank you to everyone for putting on such a thoroughly enjoyable show.
Name and address supplied