Village ridden rough-shod over
I FIND I must write regarding the large number of motorbikes that descend on the delightful village of Finchingfield at weekends. I myself will not be returning to Finchingfield again at the weekend after my visit last week. It was a lovely sunny spring S
I FIND I must write regarding the large number of motorbikes that descend on the delightful village of Finchingfield at weekends.
I myself will not be returning to Finchingfield again at the weekend after my visit last week. It was a lovely sunny spring Sunday just right for a day out.
I managed to find a parking spot on the road above the green, but after that it started to go down hill.
We could not use the small cafe as it was full of bikers, the green out side was covered in leather clad bodies, at one point I counted more than 35 bikes parked around.
You may also want to watch:
Time to leave? No! because on returning to my car I find bikes had parked between all the cars and the driver of the car in front and myself could not leave.
We could not sound our horns as there were horses on the green.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
The very kind owner of the antiques centre went around asking who owned the bikes as we could not move them as they were locked.
After 15 minutes a man came to move one of the bikes and release us.
If the parish council does not sort this bike parking problem out I can see many more people passing this lovely village by.