Village ridden rough-shod over
I FIND I must write regarding the large number of motorbikes that descend on the delightful village of Finchingfield at weekends. I myself will not be returning to Finchingfield again at the weekend after my visit last week. It was a lovely sunny spring S
I FIND I must write regarding the large number of motorbikes that descend on the delightful village of Finchingfield at weekends.
I myself will not be returning to Finchingfield again at the weekend after my visit last week. It was a lovely sunny spring Sunday just right for a day out.
I managed to find a parking spot on the road above the green, but after that it started to go down hill.
We could not use the small cafe as it was full of bikers, the green out side was covered in leather clad bodies, at one point I counted more than 35 bikes parked around.
You may also want to watch:
Time to leave? No! because on returning to my car I find bikes had parked between all the cars and the driver of the car in front and myself could not leave.
We could not sound our horns as there were horses on the green.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 8 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 9 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
The very kind owner of the antiques centre went around asking who owned the bikes as we could not move them as they were locked.
After 15 minutes a man came to move one of the bikes and release us.
If the parish council does not sort this bike parking problem out I can see many more people passing this lovely village by.