Village ridden rough-shod over
I FIND I must write regarding the large number of motorbikes that descend on the delightful village of Finchingfield at weekends. I myself will not be returning to Finchingfield again at the weekend after my visit last week. It was a lovely sunny spring S
I FIND I must write regarding the large number of motorbikes that descend on the delightful village of Finchingfield at weekends.
I myself will not be returning to Finchingfield again at the weekend after my visit last week. It was a lovely sunny spring Sunday just right for a day out.
I managed to find a parking spot on the road above the green, but after that it started to go down hill.
We could not use the small cafe as it was full of bikers, the green out side was covered in leather clad bodies, at one point I counted more than 35 bikes parked around.
Time to leave? No! because on returning to my car I find bikes had parked between all the cars and the driver of the car in front and myself could not leave.
We could not sound our horns as there were horses on the green.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 3 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 4 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 7 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 10 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
The very kind owner of the antiques centre went around asking who owned the bikes as we could not move them as they were locked.
After 15 minutes a man came to move one of the bikes and release us.
If the parish council does not sort this bike parking problem out I can see many more people passing this lovely village by.