I HAVE to congratulate Mr Sewell putting his letter in the paper on behalf of the GMB. A typical union ploy to have yet another gripe, which seems all the GMB are capable of these days especially when it comes to Stansted Airport. Surely if the GMB have
I HAVE to congratulate Mr Sewell putting his letter in the paper on behalf of the GMB.
A typical union ploy to have yet another gripe, which seems all the GMB are capable of these days especially when it comes to Stansted Airport.
Surely if the GMB have a legitimate complaint about the way the Swissport are treating migrant workers, why not pursue this through the proper channels rather than writing union propaganda in local newspapers.
Would it not be beneficial in employing more staff to make peoples journeys through Stansted safer and hopefully much quicker, whether they are local or not surely doesn't come into it.
You may also want to watch:
As a union member or representative surely it is in the GMB's interest to help promote the expansion of Stansted Airport rather than doubt it, more jobs equals more union membership fees which, if you are a representative, pays your wages!
Lets put the boot on the other foot, say Stansted didn't expand and lost out to other UK / European airports, jobs may have to be cut! I'm sure the GMB would be the first on their soap box calling for strike action because of job losses.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced