Town turns out for carnival events
EVERYONE publishes photographs of the Dunmow Carnival parade - how about publishing a picture of the events. There were more people on the Recreation Ground than there has ever been - it looked like all of Dunmow had turned out! The challenge was to prov
EVERYONE publishes photographs of the Dunmow Carnival parade - how about publishing a picture of the events. There were more people on the Recreation Ground than there has ever been - it looked like all of Dunmow had turned out!
The challenge was to provide entertainment for all ages and tastes.
This year we had performances from acts such as the Red Barrows,
(pictured right), Scene II Theatre school, a Karate demonstration, a samba band, line dancing, a marching band, all the local schools plus singers Richard Carter and Craig Neil.
You may also want to watch:
As a measure of the success, in years gone by there used to be a lull in the late afternoon when people went home for their tea, this doesn't happen anymore, the event was packed!
The entertainment kicked of in style with Marshall King fresh from his success at Cressing Temple Barns and concluded with ABBA Vision getting the assembled crowd of many many thousands dancing to the hits of ABBA.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 3 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 4 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 5 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 6 In this week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on Thursday August 5
- 7 Burglars break into Co-op store
- 8 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 9 New intake of junior doctors at Broomfield Hospital
- 10 In pictures: Record numbers enter Stansted in Bloom
The Dunmow Rotary Club underwrote the fireworks which finished off the event in style, supplied by Tom Archer and his team at Essex Pyrotechnics.
Peter Noble, Dunmow Carnival Events Committee