Town turns out for carnival events
EVERYONE publishes photographs of the Dunmow Carnival parade - how about publishing a picture of the events. There were more people on the Recreation Ground than there has ever been - it looked like all of Dunmow had turned out! The challenge was to prov
EVERYONE publishes photographs of the Dunmow Carnival parade - how about publishing a picture of the events. There were more people on the Recreation Ground than there has ever been - it looked like all of Dunmow had turned out!
The challenge was to provide entertainment for all ages and tastes.
This year we had performances from acts such as the Red Barrows,
(pictured right), Scene II Theatre school, a Karate demonstration, a samba band, line dancing, a marching band, all the local schools plus singers Richard Carter and Craig Neil.
You may also want to watch:
As a measure of the success, in years gone by there used to be a lull in the late afternoon when people went home for their tea, this doesn't happen anymore, the event was packed!
The entertainment kicked of in style with Marshall King fresh from his success at Cressing Temple Barns and concluded with ABBA Vision getting the assembled crowd of many many thousands dancing to the hits of ABBA.
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 5 Almost 800 Essex patients take part in Covid-19 Recovery trial
- 6 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 7 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 8 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 9 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 10 Elsenham WI transfixed but can't work out magician's tricks
The Dunmow Rotary Club underwrote the fireworks which finished off the event in style, supplied by Tom Archer and his team at Essex Pyrotechnics.
Peter Noble, Dunmow Carnival Events Committee