Town turns out for carnival events
EVERYONE publishes photographs of the Dunmow Carnival parade - how about publishing a picture of the events. There were more people on the Recreation Ground than there has ever been - it looked like all of Dunmow had turned out! The challenge was to prov
EVERYONE publishes photographs of the Dunmow Carnival parade - how about publishing a picture of the events. There were more people on the Recreation Ground than there has ever been - it looked like all of Dunmow had turned out!
The challenge was to provide entertainment for all ages and tastes.
This year we had performances from acts such as the Red Barrows,
(pictured right), Scene II Theatre school, a Karate demonstration, a samba band, line dancing, a marching band, all the local schools plus singers Richard Carter and Craig Neil.
You may also want to watch:
As a measure of the success, in years gone by there used to be a lull in the late afternoon when people went home for their tea, this doesn't happen anymore, the event was packed!
The entertainment kicked of in style with Marshall King fresh from his success at Cressing Temple Barns and concluded with ABBA Vision getting the assembled crowd of many many thousands dancing to the hits of ABBA.
- 1 In pictures: Fun at the 2021 Great Dunmow Teddy Bears' picnic
- 2 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 3 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 4 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 5 Jobs boost for community as Dunmow's Caremark sees demand surge
- 6 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Former Tring Athletic boss Kevin Christou named as new manager at Dunmow Town
- 9 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 10 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
The Dunmow Rotary Club underwrote the fireworks which finished off the event in style, supplied by Tom Archer and his team at Essex Pyrotechnics.
Peter Noble, Dunmow Carnival Events Committee