Town turns out for carnival events
EVERYONE publishes photographs of the Dunmow Carnival parade - how about publishing a picture of the events. There were more people on the Recreation Ground than there has ever been - it looked like all of Dunmow had turned out! The challenge was to prov
EVERYONE publishes photographs of the Dunmow Carnival parade - how about publishing a picture of the events. There were more people on the Recreation Ground than there has ever been - it looked like all of Dunmow had turned out!
The challenge was to provide entertainment for all ages and tastes.
This year we had performances from acts such as the Red Barrows,
(pictured right), Scene II Theatre school, a Karate demonstration, a samba band, line dancing, a marching band, all the local schools plus singers Richard Carter and Craig Neil.
As a measure of the success, in years gone by there used to be a lull in the late afternoon when people went home for their tea, this doesn't happen anymore, the event was packed!
The entertainment kicked of in style with Marshall King fresh from his success at Cressing Temple Barns and concluded with ABBA Vision getting the assembled crowd of many many thousands dancing to the hits of ABBA.
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 A giant snail, sporting success and live music: school news
- 3 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 4 Visit Great Yarmouth for a family staycation
- 5 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 6 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 7 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 8 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 9 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 10 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
The Dunmow Rotary Club underwrote the fireworks which finished off the event in style, supplied by Tom Archer and his team at Essex Pyrotechnics.
Peter Noble, Dunmow Carnival Events Committee