SINCE the events of August 10, Stansted Airport, along with the rest of the UK aviation industry, has seen an unprecedented increase in security levels resulting in some of the most challenging conditions we have ever faced. Thousands of local people pass
SINCE the events of August 10, Stansted Airport, along with the rest of the UK aviation industry, has seen an unprecedented increase in security levels resulting in some of the most challenging conditions we have ever faced.
Thousands of local people pass through Stansted every week, using the extensive airline network for business and pleasure. And thousands of the airport's workforce live close to Stansted too, so many readers will have seen first hand experience of how we are coping with the new measures.
BAA staff, and everyone in the airport community, have worked extremely hard to implement, in full, the new security regime to ensure that our passengers are safe and secure.
I would like to thank all our travellers for the great patience and understanding they have shown. They, like us, know there can be no short cuts with safety and security. To assist us we are, over the next few months, looking to recruit in the region of 150 additional security staff - and we hope to attract as many local people as possible to these new job opportunities.
Please let me assure all those with a keen interest in the safe operation of Stansted, and its future development, that in spite of these security challenges we are committed to keeping the airport safe and open for business, as a key regional asset and the airport of choice for millions.
- 1 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 2 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 3 What I Learnt From My Grandmother in photographs and banners
- 4 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 5 Prime Minister's honour for Dunmow duo
- 6 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 7 Foodies Festival returns to Hylands Park for tasty Chelmsford weekend
- 8 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
- 9 School activities and sports in pictures
- 10 DJ Danny Rampling to headline at Dunmow music festival
customer services director