SINCE the events of August 10, Stansted Airport, along with the rest of the UK aviation industry, has seen an unprecedented increase in security levels resulting in some of the most challenging conditions we have ever faced. Thousands of local people pass
SINCE the events of August 10, Stansted Airport, along with the rest of the UK aviation industry, has seen an unprecedented increase in security levels resulting in some of the most challenging conditions we have ever faced.
Thousands of local people pass through Stansted every week, using the extensive airline network for business and pleasure. And thousands of the airport's workforce live close to Stansted too, so many readers will have seen first hand experience of how we are coping with the new measures.
BAA staff, and everyone in the airport community, have worked extremely hard to implement, in full, the new security regime to ensure that our passengers are safe and secure.
I would like to thank all our travellers for the great patience and understanding they have shown. They, like us, know there can be no short cuts with safety and security. To assist us we are, over the next few months, looking to recruit in the region of 150 additional security staff - and we hope to attract as many local people as possible to these new job opportunities.
You may also want to watch:
Please let me assure all those with a keen interest in the safe operation of Stansted, and its future development, that in spite of these security challenges we are committed to keeping the airport safe and open for business, as a key regional asset and the airport of choice for millions.
- 1 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 2 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 3 Super six for High Easter as they turn on the style against Coggeshall Town youngsters
- 4 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 5 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 6 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 7 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 10 Stansted author to release second novel
customer services director