Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show winners revealed
- Credit: Celia Bartlett Photography/Archant
Judges at Thaxted's Gardening and Craft Show had to make difficult decisions, its organisers have said.
Simon Payne, the show's chairperson, said this year's event over the weekend (Saturday. September 25 - Sunday 26) brought out the town's creativity with plenty of tough-to-judge cakes, clothes, floral displays and novelty vegetables.
Simon said: "We had a really great weekend.
"Everything was really high in quality, so there was lots of friendly competition.
"But most importantly, it was great to get back out in Thaxted and share in each other's produce."
Simon said he was grateful to everyone who came.
He praised Temperence Kehoe for her matchbox magic to win the Yardley Hall Cup - Best Exhibit in the Children and Teenagers Category.
- 1 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Valentine's Flitch Ball to take place this February
- 4 One arrest after harassment complaints in Halstead
- 5 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 6 School receives copies of Grandad's Lost His Glasses
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 9 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 10 Runners raise more than £1,500 for Accuro in west Essex
He also praised George Caton's Best Exhibit in the Vegetables and Fruit category, and Ian Barnard for winning the Daphne Weller Trophy - Best Exhibit in the Floral Art category.