Thanks for standing up
I want to thank Stop Stansted Expansion for standing up for this community in lodging an appeal against the decision to expand Stansted Airport by yet another 10 million passengers per year. It is a courageous act and one which will, no doubt, carry a s
I want to thank Stop Stansted Expansion for standing up for this community in lodging an appeal against the decision to expand Stansted Airport by yet another 10 million passengers per year.
It is a courageous act and one which will, no doubt, carry a significant financial burden.
I was shocked and horrified at the Pre Inquiry meeting, just a few days before, when the inspector responsible for determining the application to build a second runway at Stansted, Andrew Phillipson, declared that it would not be acceptable to him to follow a similar route to the Terminal 5 Inquiry at Heathrow which took four years on the grounds that "I have other things to do with my life" (his words).
Well, Mr Inspector, welcome to our lives and to the nightmare we have been living over the last six years.
You may also want to watch:
If only we could put limitations on the effects further expansion at this airport will bring for us.
However, it would seem, this is entirely down to you and if it is not too inconvenient for you perhaps you could take your responsibility for chairing a public inquiry a little more seriously and recognise that an entire community have other things to do with their lives rather than sit by and watch that community and the local environment be destroyed in aid of an unjustified and unjustifiable policy apparently designed to satisfy nobody except BAA.
- 1 Man fined for driving to Dunmow to exercise dog
- 2 Try this: MasterChef winner Chef Webb's recipe for roasted chicken supreme
- 3 Saffron Walden constituency MP on the road map out of lockdown
- 4 Tributes are paid to much loved vet Stephen Flood
- 5 Farm wins best Pick Your Own category in awards
- 6 Eve creates cerebral palsy awareness stamps
- 7 Two dogs stolen as Uttlesford dog owners voice concern
- 8 Another award for Old Park Meadow
- 9 Containerlift supports laughter and supply chains
- 10 COVID-19: Literary festival event to mark anniversary of first lockdown
Caroline Barrett, Broxted