Thanks for standing up
I want to thank Stop Stansted Expansion for standing up for this community in lodging an appeal against the decision to expand Stansted Airport by yet another 10 million passengers per year. It is a courageous act and one which will, no doubt, carry a s
I want to thank Stop Stansted Expansion for standing up for this community in lodging an appeal against the decision to expand Stansted Airport by yet another 10 million passengers per year.
It is a courageous act and one which will, no doubt, carry a significant financial burden.
I was shocked and horrified at the Pre Inquiry meeting, just a few days before, when the inspector responsible for determining the application to build a second runway at Stansted, Andrew Phillipson, declared that it would not be acceptable to him to follow a similar route to the Terminal 5 Inquiry at Heathrow which took four years on the grounds that "I have other things to do with my life" (his words).
Well, Mr Inspector, welcome to our lives and to the nightmare we have been living over the last six years.
If only we could put limitations on the effects further expansion at this airport will bring for us.
However, it would seem, this is entirely down to you and if it is not too inconvenient for you perhaps you could take your responsibility for chairing a public inquiry a little more seriously and recognise that an entire community have other things to do with their lives rather than sit by and watch that community and the local environment be destroyed in aid of an unjustified and unjustifiable policy apparently designed to satisfy nobody except BAA.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 6 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 10 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
Caroline Barrett, Broxted