WITH reference to the article in the Broadcast Recorder dated Thursday May 24 concerning Mr Alan Goldsmith and his charity concert at Little Bardfield Hall, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the people that came last year in August and ga
WITH reference to the article in the Broadcast Recorder dated Thursday May 24 concerning Mr Alan Goldsmith and his charity concert at Little Bardfield Hall, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the people that came last year in August and gave so generously to the car park fee that amounted to £1400, also to the raffle that came to much the same.
I did try as promised to let everybody concerned know what and where the money was spent, but the paper concerned didn't seem interested in printing it.
Mr Goldsmith gave us the car park to organise, 'us' being the Normandy Veterans Association.
For those people who do not understand the NVA, it was those brave men that landed in Normandy in September 1944, and most of us know the invasion cost the lives of thousands of young men.
You may also want to watch:
Our aim is to raise as much as we can to ensure that we get these men, that are all in their early 80s and more, over to Holland each year to pay respects to their fallen comrades that never made it back, and also the wives and children that go to find their husbands and fathers that they hardly knew.
So I would like to thank Alan and his family for giving the NVA the chance to raise the money to enable us to do what we do.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 5 Ageing trains mended using recycled parts for final years of service
- 6 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 7 New chief executive for ambulance service
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
I sincerely hope the few narrow minded people of Little Bardfield that have opposed the concert for this year reads this letter and think again, because they wouldn't be living in luxury had it not been for those brave young men.
De Mandeville Road,