WITH reference to the article in the Broadcast Recorder dated Thursday May 24 concerning Mr Alan Goldsmith and his charity concert at Little Bardfield Hall, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the people that came last year in August and ga
WITH reference to the article in the Broadcast Recorder dated Thursday May 24 concerning Mr Alan Goldsmith and his charity concert at Little Bardfield Hall, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the people that came last year in August and gave so generously to the car park fee that amounted to £1400, also to the raffle that came to much the same.
I did try as promised to let everybody concerned know what and where the money was spent, but the paper concerned didn't seem interested in printing it.
Mr Goldsmith gave us the car park to organise, 'us' being the Normandy Veterans Association.
For those people who do not understand the NVA, it was those brave men that landed in Normandy in September 1944, and most of us know the invasion cost the lives of thousands of young men.
Our aim is to raise as much as we can to ensure that we get these men, that are all in their early 80s and more, over to Holland each year to pay respects to their fallen comrades that never made it back, and also the wives and children that go to find their husbands and fathers that they hardly knew.
So I would like to thank Alan and his family for giving the NVA the chance to raise the money to enable us to do what we do.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 3 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 6 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 7 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 8 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 9 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 10 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
I sincerely hope the few narrow minded people of Little Bardfield that have opposed the concert for this year reads this letter and think again, because they wouldn't be living in luxury had it not been for those brave young men.
De Mandeville Road,