IN RESPONSE to Keith Hulme s letter on August 31, I find his comment stating that he had a good nights sleep thanks to the terrorist alert on August 10 shocking. I think it is absolutely disgraceful to use what happened on that day to take another pathet
IN RESPONSE to Keith Hulme's letter on August 31, I find his comment stating that he had a good nights sleep thanks to the terrorist alert on August 10 shocking.
I think it is absolutely disgraceful to use what happened on that day to take another pathetic swipe at Stansted Airport.
Thousands of people were effected by what happened, either stranded for days before being able to get to where they were going, or like myself worried sick having friends or relatives flying to the US that very day hoping that they were going to be okay.
It really annoys me that Stansted Airport is the constant big baddy with a few people around here, who are now stooping to below the belt comments condoning terrorist alerts to get a good nights sleep.
Please clarify for us Mr Hulme what is annoying you by waking you up in the morning, the pigeons or the planes! I think you must be dreaming if you thought virtually all flight movements had stopped, because I still saw plenty of planes departing and arriving from Stansted so how can you claim it was more peaceful.
Well I can say after the 50 odd years it has been here, the airport has never done me or my family and friends any harm and my quality of life has got better not worse.
- 1 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 2 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 3 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 4 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 5 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 6 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 7 Great Dunmow Town Council will be asked to declare 'climate emergency'
- 8 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Meet the New Tourism Business of the Year finalists
- 9 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
High Fields, Dunmow