I HAVE just received my council tax for this year and am horrified at the amount I have to pay. Basically, my bill is now equivalent to one month s gross pay, which just can t be right. Looking at the breakdown of the council tax, how come Great Dunmow To
I HAVE just received my council tax for this year and am horrified at the amount I have to pay. Basically, my bill is now equivalent to one month's gross pay, which just can't be right.
Looking at the breakdown of the council tax, how come Great Dunmow Town Council charged a whopping 24.5 per cent increase last year and then another inflation busting 12.1 per cent increase this year as their portion of the council tax?
How can they get away with this? Especially when in the past two years they have made a surplus: 2006/2007 income £491,877 expenditure £453,948 profit £37,929 and 2007/2008 income £577,252 expenditure £526,221 profit £51,031.
Something has to be done. Council tax just cannot keep rising year on year taking more in hard cash than most people get in their pay rises (should they be lucky enough to get a pay rise). I've not had a pay increase for three years.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 2 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces
- 5 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 8 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 9 Dog whose owner moved away without her is featured on TV
- 10 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze