Tax credit tip
A QUESTION for parents of teenagers: have you just phoned the tax credit helpline to report your son or daughter has finished college, and they ve said thank-you and from now on your credit stops? My repeated merry-go-round of phone calls to various gover
A QUESTION for parents of teenagers: have you just phoned the tax credit helpline to report your son or daughter has finished college, and they've said thank-you and from now on your credit stops?
My repeated merry-go-round of phone calls to various government agencies resulted in being told to go on the next ride around and phone another agency; costly and frustrating.
So I can save you time, trouble and possible financial emergency. If you register your teenager with Connexions, you can keep your child tax credit for a further 22 weeks. If you can get an appointment with Connexions that is.
The Saffron Walden office is open only on Tuesday afternoons from 2.30pm-5pm. Telephone 01799 581671 or, if you can travel, the Harlow office is open from 10am
You may also want to watch:
Monday to Saturday - call 08005 876013.
The tax credit helpline say they won't reimburse the week's money lost, while trying to register with a scant service from Connexions, and no information to say it was available.
- 1 Air ambulance and four land vehicles called to Essex emergency
- 2 In pictures: First ever Summer Solstice Sundown festival a hit
- 3 Two taken to hospital after Little Dunmow collision
- 4 In pictures: Stebbing tractor run 2021
- 5 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 Half empty or half full weekend depending on whether you play for Dunmow's firsts or seconds
- 8 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 9 The 2021 Stebbing Tractor Run route
- 10 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
I hope this helps others.
Name and Address supplied