Tax credit tip
A QUESTION for parents of teenagers: have you just phoned the tax credit helpline to report your son or daughter has finished college, and they ve said thank-you and from now on your credit stops? My repeated merry-go-round of phone calls to various gover
A QUESTION for parents of teenagers: have you just phoned the tax credit helpline to report your son or daughter has finished college, and they've said thank-you and from now on your credit stops?
My repeated merry-go-round of phone calls to various government agencies resulted in being told to go on the next ride around and phone another agency; costly and frustrating.
So I can save you time, trouble and possible financial emergency. If you register your teenager with Connexions, you can keep your child tax credit for a further 22 weeks. If you can get an appointment with Connexions that is.
The Saffron Walden office is open only on Tuesday afternoons from 2.30pm-5pm. Telephone 01799 581671 or, if you can travel, the Harlow office is open from 10am
You may also want to watch:
Monday to Saturday - call 08005 876013.
The tax credit helpline say they won't reimburse the week's money lost, while trying to register with a scant service from Connexions, and no information to say it was available.
- 1 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 2 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 3 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 4 Stansted author to release second novel
- 5 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 6 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 7 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 8 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 9 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
- 10 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
I hope this helps others.
Name and Address supplied