Tax credit tip
A QUESTION for parents of teenagers: have you just phoned the tax credit helpline to report your son or daughter has finished college, and they ve said thank-you and from now on your credit stops? My repeated merry-go-round of phone calls to various gover
A QUESTION for parents of teenagers: have you just phoned the tax credit helpline to report your son or daughter has finished college, and they've said thank-you and from now on your credit stops?
My repeated merry-go-round of phone calls to various government agencies resulted in being told to go on the next ride around and phone another agency; costly and frustrating.
So I can save you time, trouble and possible financial emergency. If you register your teenager with Connexions, you can keep your child tax credit for a further 22 weeks. If you can get an appointment with Connexions that is.
The Saffron Walden office is open only on Tuesday afternoons from 2.30pm-5pm. Telephone 01799 581671 or, if you can travel, the Harlow office is open from 10am
Monday to Saturday - call 08005 876013.
The tax credit helpline say they won't reimburse the week's money lost, while trying to register with a scant service from Connexions, and no information to say it was available.
- 1 Plans unveiled for 22 new Hatfield Broad Oak homes
- 2 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 3 Dunmow St Mary's pupils scoop 14 medals in school sport series
- 4 Braintree burglary sparks Essex Police appeal
- 5 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 6 Environmental action: Dunmow boutique Wardrobe holding eco-swap
- 7 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 8 Care home visitor limits to be lifted next week
- 9 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 10 Firefighters rescue curious cat from Great Notley drainpipe
I hope this helps others.
Name and Address supplied