Tax credit tip
A QUESTION for parents of teenagers: have you just phoned the tax credit helpline to report your son or daughter has finished college, and they ve said thank-you and from now on your credit stops? My repeated merry-go-round of phone calls to various gover
A QUESTION for parents of teenagers: have you just phoned the tax credit helpline to report your son or daughter has finished college, and they've said thank-you and from now on your credit stops?
My repeated merry-go-round of phone calls to various government agencies resulted in being told to go on the next ride around and phone another agency; costly and frustrating.
So I can save you time, trouble and possible financial emergency. If you register your teenager with Connexions, you can keep your child tax credit for a further 22 weeks. If you can get an appointment with Connexions that is.
The Saffron Walden office is open only on Tuesday afternoons from 2.30pm-5pm. Telephone 01799 581671 or, if you can travel, the Harlow office is open from 10am
Monday to Saturday - call 08005 876013.
The tax credit helpline say they won't reimburse the week's money lost, while trying to register with a scant service from Connexions, and no information to say it was available.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'much respected' Great Dunmow Town Band leader Andy King
- 2 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 3 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 4 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 5 Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners make the most of the summer sun
- 6 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 7 Prime Minister's honour for Dunmow duo
- 8 Harmer's career-best haul helps Essex stun Hampshire
- 9 KidzFair in Great Dunmow was a huge success for young entrepreneurs
- 10 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
I hope this helps others.
Name and Address supplied