Tax credit tip
A QUESTION for parents of teenagers: have you just phoned the tax credit helpline to report your son or daughter has finished college, and they ve said thank-you and from now on your credit stops? My repeated merry-go-round of phone calls to various gover
A QUESTION for parents of teenagers: have you just phoned the tax credit helpline to report your son or daughter has finished college, and they've said thank-you and from now on your credit stops?
My repeated merry-go-round of phone calls to various government agencies resulted in being told to go on the next ride around and phone another agency; costly and frustrating.
So I can save you time, trouble and possible financial emergency. If you register your teenager with Connexions, you can keep your child tax credit for a further 22 weeks. If you can get an appointment with Connexions that is.
The Saffron Walden office is open only on Tuesday afternoons from 2.30pm-5pm. Telephone 01799 581671 or, if you can travel, the Harlow office is open from 10am
You may also want to watch:
Monday to Saturday - call 08005 876013.
The tax credit helpline say they won't reimburse the week's money lost, while trying to register with a scant service from Connexions, and no information to say it was available.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
I hope this helps others.
Name and Address supplied