IN PICTURES: Takeley and Canfield celebrate the Christmas season
- Credit: Saffron Photo
Takeley and Little Canfield residents were treated to a carol concert and Christmas lights switch-on, on Monday (December 13).
The villages began their Christmas season with music, lights at the Christmas tree and a Santa's Grotto at the Barnardo's shop.
Victoria Milano, of Tesco Express Takeley, organised the event with her staff.
Victoria said: "It was really nice to see the community back as one again, with a really strong turnout.
"It was lovely to be a part of the event.
"We want to thank everybody who came out to see the lights and meet Santa."
Pupils from Takeley and Roseacres primary schools led the carol service.
- 1 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 2 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 3 What I Learnt From My Grandmother in photographs and banners
- 4 Prime Minister's honour for Dunmow duo
- 5 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 6 Foodies Festival returns to Hylands Park for tasty Chelmsford weekend
- 7 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
- 8 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 9 School activities and sports in pictures
- 10 Your photos: Street parties during the Platinum Jubilee
Reverend Dr Colin Fairweather, who looks after the Takeley and Little Canfield churches, led prayers.
Father Christmas turned on the lights after sunset and welcomed children and families into his grotto, with help from Barnardo's volunteers.