Take in views
THOUGHTS from a long distance runner... as a runner I spend a lot of time out on the roads and footpaths that cross our great countryside around Dunmow. I think we tend to take for granted just how wonderful the English countryside can be. Here is founde
THOUGHTS from a long distance runner... as a runner I spend a lot of time out on the roads and footpaths that cross our great countryside around Dunmow.
I think we tend to take for granted just how wonderful the English countryside can be.
Here is founded on first hand observation: Firstly the amount of litter and rubbish that is simply dumped by people - often out of moving cars into adjoining fields and woodland, secondly the speed at which drivers hurtle down our roads.
Often or not I'm on a pathway or on the road
You may also want to watch:
itself - I sometimes cannot believe the speed at which people drive, overtaking multiple cars all for what reason? Why are we always in a hurry to get everywhere?
Take in the view, the beauty of the countryside that we are so fortunate to have on our doorstep - after all why live in this area if it's so important to rush down to the supermarket before heading down to the nearest shopping mall?
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 4 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 5 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Felsted announces STEM competition winners
- 8 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
Why do people think it's acceptable to dump rubbish at the roadside or throw their fast food containers from their cars?
Again it's an attitude born out of a lack of respect where the most important consideration is for yourself and not others and certainly not our environment.
On a lighter note, given the trouble Lewis Hamilton had in Spain last week Uttlesford Council could always offer up the Braintree Road and A120 although I doubt his McLaren would ever keep with the current users!