Super slimmer passes on weight loss secrets
A SLIMMER from Little Canfield has managed to inspire friends and family with her dramatic weight loss and is now set to share her secrets.
Cara West lost a massive five stone through the Slimming World Program after seeing a picture of herself dressed as a bridesmaid in 2007.
Shocked at her appearance she said: “Seeing that photo was the wakeup call I needed to do something about my weight.”
In 2007 she joined the slimming world group in Harlow – a move that she says changed her life.
“I lost five pounds in the first week and then lost weight regularly,” she said. “The pounds turned into stones in no time.”
You may also want to watch:
Cara won the prestigious ‘Woman of the year’ award after moving to Little Canfield and continuing her weight loss journey at the Takeley Slimming World Group nearby.
She explained: “The secret of my success was definitely having a warm and friendly bunch of people behind me and staying in a group was critical in my weight loss, as well as a great night out.”
- 1 Air ambulance and four land vehicles called to Essex emergency
- 2 In pictures: First ever Summer Solstice Sundown festival a hit
- 3 Two taken to hospital after Little Dunmow collision
- 4 In pictures: Stebbing tractor run 2021
- 5 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 Half empty or half full weekend depending on whether you play for Dunmow's firsts or seconds
- 8 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 9 The 2021 Stebbing Tractor Run route
- 10 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
After seeing her success relatives, friends and colleagues have been inspired to join slimming world in order to help them shed the pounds.
They said that they “love the way the group was so positive and inspiring” and the fact that they could “eat so much that they never went to bed hungry”.
Cara has been so delighted with the life-changing eating plan – she is starting as a new Slimming World consultant at a group in Great Dunmow.
She said: “My life has changed so significantly since joining. I have more energy and look and feel great. I would love to help many others do the same”
Cara’s opening night is the September 21 in Great Dunmow at The United Reform Church, 7pm.
WHAT do you think is the secret to weight loss? Share your tips with us at email@example.com