IN response to last week s article titled Curly fries are not too dear , I am one of the women who were listed in that article and who were charged £7.90 for two bowls of fries. The article stated that we had curly fries and an assortment of dips; this
IN response to last week's article titled 'Curly fries are not too dear', I am one of the women who were listed in that article and who were charged £7.90 for two bowls of fries.
The article stated that we had curly fries and an assortment of dips; this however could not have been further from the truth.
We had, in fact, two bowls of STRAIGHT chips and a plastic bottle of tomato ketchup, which we had to request halfway through our lunch.
In response to Neil Hardiman's comment 'the dish is on the menu, under the tapas section', curly fries and dip may very well be on there, but certainly not a bowl of chips and ketchup upon request!
You may also want to watch:
I would also like to respond to his comment that he is assured that these chips are the best that he can buy, my only comment to this would be that the said supplier in question is either falsely selling Mr Hardiman straight cut chips and passing them off as curly because clearly Mr Hardiman does not know the difference or their assurance and opinion of best quality is something far different to the rest of us, after all we are only talking about potatoes whether curly or straight.
Theresa Vince, by e-mail
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 7 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 8 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 9 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 10 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council