IN response to last week s article titled Curly fries are not too dear , I am one of the women who were listed in that article and who were charged £7.90 for two bowls of fries. The article stated that we had curly fries and an assortment of dips; this
IN response to last week's article titled 'Curly fries are not too dear', I am one of the women who were listed in that article and who were charged £7.90 for two bowls of fries.
The article stated that we had curly fries and an assortment of dips; this however could not have been further from the truth.
We had, in fact, two bowls of STRAIGHT chips and a plastic bottle of tomato ketchup, which we had to request halfway through our lunch.
In response to Neil Hardiman's comment 'the dish is on the menu, under the tapas section', curly fries and dip may very well be on there, but certainly not a bowl of chips and ketchup upon request!
I would also like to respond to his comment that he is assured that these chips are the best that he can buy, my only comment to this would be that the said supplier in question is either falsely selling Mr Hardiman straight cut chips and passing them off as curly because clearly Mr Hardiman does not know the difference or their assurance and opinion of best quality is something far different to the rest of us, after all we are only talking about potatoes whether curly or straight.
Theresa Vince, by e-mail
- 1 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 2 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 3 Data reveals distracted drivers repeatedly caught in Essex
- 4 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 5 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 6 Memories are made of this for Bob as Barnston and High Roding meet at last
- 7 Essex: More Electric Vehicles needed to meet goals
- 8 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 9 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 10 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden