SSE facts are wrong
In response to Jane Howson s BAA out of agreement , I hear what you re saying but it is totally wrong. Aviation is not the biggest polluter. If you insist on quoting inaccuracies that SSE are telling you, then no one will want to listen. All you have
In response to Jane Howson's "BAA out of agreement", I hear what you're saying but it is totally wrong.
Aviation is not the biggest polluter. If you insist on quoting inaccuracies that SSE are telling you, then no one will want to listen.
All you have to do is your own research and you will find as I have that UK aviation accounts for a small proportion of greenhouse gases, around 0.1 per cent globally and is responsible for only five per cent of UK emissions.
It's very sad when you do have to see listed homes and greenbelts demolished to make way for new airports, roads, railways, but if we always stopped these things from happening where do you think this region would be in the scheme of things - in a very poor state I can tell you.
I don't think that many of the residents in Uttlesford including yourself would be living the lifestyles they live now without the country moving with the times.
The airport has a long history here and I believe that with careful planning and consultation, which BAA have provided to me so far, I am convinced we will be able to continue enjoying this beautiful part of the Essex countryside in harmony with the airport expanding.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 3 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 4 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 7 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 10 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns