I HAVE read with utter disbelief your reports in last week s Broadcast, which related to the support given for vast amounts of money - £45,000, to upgrade the skatepark in Dunmow Recreation Ground. How on earth can they justify spending this amount of mon
I HAVE read with utter disbelief your reports in last week's Broadcast, which related to the support given for vast amounts of money - £45,000, to upgrade the skatepark in Dunmow Recreation Ground.
How on earth can they justify spending this amount of money on what must surely be considered a minority sport that seems to be losing interest daily.
Has no-one bothered to do their homework and to take a serious look at the amount of skaters who use this skatepark?
Well, I can tell you, it is very few indeed. The actual skatepark attracts far more of the yobbish element, who meet there nightly to indulge in all sorts of unsociable behaviour, which certainly does not include skateboarding.
You may also want to watch:
Ask any of the residents who overlook the skatepark. They will tell you the type of youngster this place attracts. There are noises and disturbances most nights until the early hours of the morning and one only has to look at the debris left by these youngsters to see that their attendance there was.
Finally, a message to our mayor, Mr Silver: before blindly lending your support to this venture, please make some
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
enquiries and I am sure you will see this will be a complete waste of taxpayers' money, which could be spent on a more worthwhile venture.I am sure that your heart is in the right place, but you are misguided.