I HAVE read with utter disbelief your reports in last week s Broadcast, which related to the support given for vast amounts of money - £45,000, to upgrade the skatepark in Dunmow Recreation Ground. How on earth can they justify spending this amount of mon
I HAVE read with utter disbelief your reports in last week's Broadcast, which related to the support given for vast amounts of money - £45,000, to upgrade the skatepark in Dunmow Recreation Ground.
How on earth can they justify spending this amount of money on what must surely be considered a minority sport that seems to be losing interest daily.
Has no-one bothered to do their homework and to take a serious look at the amount of skaters who use this skatepark?
Well, I can tell you, it is very few indeed. The actual skatepark attracts far more of the yobbish element, who meet there nightly to indulge in all sorts of unsociable behaviour, which certainly does not include skateboarding.
You may also want to watch:
Ask any of the residents who overlook the skatepark. They will tell you the type of youngster this place attracts. There are noises and disturbances most nights until the early hours of the morning and one only has to look at the debris left by these youngsters to see that their attendance there was.
Finally, a message to our mayor, Mr Silver: before blindly lending your support to this venture, please make some
- 1 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 2 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 3 Bid to 'join' Dunmow and Easton with more than 1,000 homes blocked
- 4 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 5 Ball bearings shot at Leaden Roding car
- 6 'Outstanding' Town Award winners unveiled
- 7 Essex Highways proposes 11-week closure to main road near Thaxted
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 10 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
enquiries and I am sure you will see this will be a complete waste of taxpayers' money, which could be spent on a more worthwhile venture.I am sure that your heart is in the right place, but you are misguided.