CREATION of an out of town shopping centre on the outskirts of Dunmow can only be a rational idea of our council if they intend, or are prepared to risk, a fatal loss of viability of existing shops and their subsequent closure. Currently these steps cat
CREATION of an out of town shopping centre on the outskirts of Dunmow can only be a rational idea of
our council if they intend,
or are prepared to risk, a fatal loss of viability of existing shops and their subsequent closure.
Currently these steps cater adequately for all regular requirements. Shops in any small town centre are essential if many people are to live within a reasonable walking distance.
No centre shops means extra car use. Town centre shops are a useful life enhancing facility and people must not be deprived of them. Out of town facilities are adequately provided by current store Tesco, and more of the like will become a more serious threat to Dunmow centre.
We already have spare retail space and the abominable out of town proposal should be
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 3 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 6 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 7 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 10 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces