CREATION of an out of town shopping centre on the outskirts of Dunmow can only be a rational idea of our council if they intend, or are prepared to risk, a fatal loss of viability of existing shops and their subsequent closure. Currently these steps cat
CREATION of an out of town shopping centre on the outskirts of Dunmow can only be a rational idea of
our council if they intend,
or are prepared to risk, a fatal loss of viability of existing shops and their subsequent closure.
Currently these steps cater adequately for all regular requirements. Shops in any small town centre are essential if many people are to live within a reasonable walking distance.
You may also want to watch:
No centre shops means extra car use. Town centre shops are a useful life enhancing facility and people must not be deprived of them. Out of town facilities are adequately provided by current store Tesco, and more of the like will become a more serious threat to Dunmow centre.
We already have spare retail space and the abominable out of town proposal should be
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal