FElSTED Aid for Deprived Children sent out a lorry carrying 17,000 kilos of Humanitarian aid to Chernigov in the Ukraine last month. Included in the load were 40 wheelchairs, 10,000 kilos of sanitary items and new clothes and shoes, all donated by busines
FElSTED Aid for Deprived Children sent out a lorry carrying 17,000 kilos of Humanitarian aid to Chernigov in the Ukraine last month. Included in the load were 40 wheelchairs, 10,000 kilos of sanitary items and new clothes and shoes, all donated by businesses and local people.
I would like to say a special thank you to Christine Ball of Causeway End Road. In January last year her daughter, Sarah, 33, who lived in Felsted, died when she fell 300ft trying to scale a frozen waterfall.
Christine said the money Sarah left would be best used to fund a lorry to take the goods to The Revival Centre, a rehabilitation centre treating children indirectly affected by the 1986 Chernobyl disaster.
Pauline Craven of Felsted Aid said the trip will be called 'Sarah Lorry' in her memory. We would all like to thank Christine for the wonderful gift and all the volunteers who helped.
If you would like to donate to this worthy cause call Felsted Aid on 01376 332090.
Alan Hilliar and
- 1 Dunmow's Stables Hotel could become flats as business 'no longer viable'
- 2 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 3 'Many questions' claim as Uttlesford leader John Lodge announces resignation
- 4 Finchingfield's Bethany Shriever crowned Young Sportswoman of the Year
- 5 Dunmow TKD enjoy medal-laden trip to British Championships
- 6 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in the Dunmow district
- 7 Christmas in Essex: 9 magical places to visit in winter
- 8 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 9 Great Dunmow restaurant Jalsa Ghar at the British Curry Awards
- 10 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident