FElSTED Aid for Deprived Children sent out a lorry carrying 17,000 kilos of Humanitarian aid to Chernigov in the Ukraine last month. Included in the load were 40 wheelchairs, 10,000 kilos of sanitary items and new clothes and shoes, all donated by busines
FElSTED Aid for Deprived Children sent out a lorry carrying 17,000 kilos of Humanitarian aid to Chernigov in the Ukraine last month. Included in the load were 40 wheelchairs, 10,000 kilos of sanitary items and new clothes and shoes, all donated by businesses and local people.
I would like to say a special thank you to Christine Ball of Causeway End Road. In January last year her daughter, Sarah, 33, who lived in Felsted, died when she fell 300ft trying to scale a frozen waterfall.
Christine said the money Sarah left would be best used to fund a lorry to take the goods to The Revival Centre, a rehabilitation centre treating children indirectly affected by the 1986 Chernobyl disaster.
Pauline Craven of Felsted Aid said the trip will be called 'Sarah Lorry' in her memory. We would all like to thank Christine for the wonderful gift and all the volunteers who helped.
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to donate to this worthy cause call Felsted Aid on 01376 332090.
Alan Hilliar and
- 1 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 2 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 3 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 5 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 6 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 7 Vulnerable Uttlesford residents set for council tax rate freeze
- 8 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 9 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 10 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer