FElSTED Aid for Deprived Children sent out a lorry carrying 17,000 kilos of Humanitarian aid to Chernigov in the Ukraine last month. Included in the load were 40 wheelchairs, 10,000 kilos of sanitary items and new clothes and shoes, all donated by busines
FElSTED Aid for Deprived Children sent out a lorry carrying 17,000 kilos of Humanitarian aid to Chernigov in the Ukraine last month. Included in the load were 40 wheelchairs, 10,000 kilos of sanitary items and new clothes and shoes, all donated by businesses and local people.
I would like to say a special thank you to Christine Ball of Causeway End Road. In January last year her daughter, Sarah, 33, who lived in Felsted, died when she fell 300ft trying to scale a frozen waterfall.
Christine said the money Sarah left would be best used to fund a lorry to take the goods to The Revival Centre, a rehabilitation centre treating children indirectly affected by the 1986 Chernobyl disaster.
Pauline Craven of Felsted Aid said the trip will be called 'Sarah Lorry' in her memory. We would all like to thank Christine for the wonderful gift and all the volunteers who helped.
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to donate to this worthy cause call Felsted Aid on 01376 332090.
Alan Hilliar and
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 5 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?