Sadness over premature biker death
I have never owned, nor wanted to ride on, a motorbike but I was so incensed by the letter from Peter Manning in the latest edition of the Broadcast. My husband and I often visit Finchingfield and like to have a snack while enjoying the view of the pond
I have never owned, nor wanted to ride on, a motorbike but I was so incensed by the letter from Peter Manning in the latest edition of the Broadcast.
My husband and I often visit Finchingfield and like to have a snack while enjoying the view of the pond and the ducks.
I really fail to see why we car drivers have more right to park than the bikers: they obviously enjoy the experience of riding a bike (as did my father and grandfather in far quieter times during the first half of the last century) and why should they not have
a break and sit admiring the view as much as anyone else?
My only problem with motorbikes is the sadness of seeing the report on your front page of yet another accident resulting in the premature death of a rider.
One Sunday last year we were in the tea room at Finchingfield at the
- 1 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 2 What I Learnt From My Grandmother in photographs and banners
- 3 School activities and sports in pictures
- 4 Hot cyclists reach Paris after 3 days of pedalling
- 5 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
- 6 Prime Minister's honour for Dunmow duo
- 7 Suspense thriller is author's fourth novel
- 8 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 9 Solar farm application decision is deferred
- 10 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
same time as some of the bikers and they were talking about where they had come from and what route they would be
Sadly, about 15 minutes after we left, there was an accident just outside Finchingfield in which a motorcyclist was killed: I just hoped it wasn't one of those we had so recently heard discussing their day out in the countryside.
Finchingfield is a lovely place to visit - obviously it would be far more attractive and peaceful without any traffic, but
we live in the 21st century and cannot un-invent cars and bikes!!