RUTH Kelly and the Labour Party have continued to back the next runway at Stansted Airport (G2), despite the extra runway at Heathrow. We see on our TV and all over the international press, the horrific risk/dangers at Heathrow. The sound training, skil
RUTH Kelly and the Labour Party have continued to back the 'next' runway at Stansted Airport (G2), despite the extra runway at Heathrow.
We see on our TV and all over the international press, the horrific risk/dangers at Heathrow. The sound training, skills and policies of British Airways, the pilots and crew, the firefighters and in many ways BAA too, avoided the loss of many lives. We must be thankful for that.
The odds were, it was going to happen, one day, then again, but the odds are increased for every flight. One day, sooner than later, it will be on a town or village, near Stansted Airport. How many could die?
About 15 years ago Sheering people were having a drill, to see what they would do if two aircraft crashed over the village. Many local housing areas will contain so many more people; schools with 1600 pupils and staff, with even more housing infill to come.
Even now, with G1, the risks of that are higher, what with terrorist threats being diverted to Stansted.
G2 will not only load the statistics and the odds of a major crash, but it would bring it closer to the population of Dunmow and the local area. So why, runway five first?
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 A giant snail, sporting success and live music: school news
- 3 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 4 Visit Great Yarmouth for a family staycation
- 5 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 6 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 7 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 8 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 9 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 10 Aythorpe Roding come up short in league opener
We have two lanes suitable and used as runways, why not a further runway on the motorway side of the airport? With access direct to and from the M11.
Could it be, so they can infill with more runways, more flights, more traffic, more pollution, even more risks; without any protest?
Name and Address Supplied