RUTH Kelly and the Labour Party have continued to back the next runway at Stansted Airport (G2), despite the extra runway at Heathrow. We see on our TV and all over the international press, the horrific risk/dangers at Heathrow. The sound training, skil
RUTH Kelly and the Labour Party have continued to back the 'next' runway at Stansted Airport (G2), despite the extra runway at Heathrow.
We see on our TV and all over the international press, the horrific risk/dangers at Heathrow. The sound training, skills and policies of British Airways, the pilots and crew, the firefighters and in many ways BAA too, avoided the loss of many lives. We must be thankful for that.
The odds were, it was going to happen, one day, then again, but the odds are increased for every flight. One day, sooner than later, it will be on a town or village, near Stansted Airport. How many could die?
About 15 years ago Sheering people were having a drill, to see what they would do if two aircraft crashed over the village. Many local housing areas will contain so many more people; schools with 1600 pupils and staff, with even more housing infill to come.
You may also want to watch:
Even now, with G1, the risks of that are higher, what with terrorist threats being diverted to Stansted.
G2 will not only load the statistics and the odds of a major crash, but it would bring it closer to the population of Dunmow and the local area. So why, runway five first?
- 1 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 2 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 5 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 6 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 7 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 10 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
We have two lanes suitable and used as runways, why not a further runway on the motorway side of the airport? With access direct to and from the M11.
Could it be, so they can infill with more runways, more flights, more traffic, more pollution, even more risks; without any protest?
Name and Address Supplied