I AM an ex-Dunmow resident but now live in Australia. Australia has a shopping culture (in most areas) similar to that proposed by UDC for Dunmow – large, americanised, shopping centres, containing the same, chain shops found everywhere in Australia – th
I AM an ex-Dunmow resident but now live in Australia.
Australia has a shopping culture (in most areas) similar to that proposed by UDC for Dunmow - large, americanised, shopping centres, containing the same, chain shops found everywhere in Australia - there is no uniqueness.
As a result, most Australian suburbs have NO High Street, and very little town community. Indeed, the only community on offer is at the RSL clubs (pubs with pokie machines to us English). It is not good.
Please do not make the same mistake with our English towns. Learn from other experiences, and look globally at consequences, not just on your doorstep.
By going ahead with the district council's plans, you will ruin Dunmow's community, local business, and its unique offerings.
Tread carefully please Uttlesford District Council. There will be no retrieving what you loose once the big stores take over.
- 1 Festive season begins at Great Dunmow's Christmas Market
- 2 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 3 30 new homes proposed for Hatfield Broad Oak
- 4 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'
- 5 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 6 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 7 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 8 Christmas festivities kick off in Great Dunmow
- 9 Man in hospital after Chelmsford Road collision
- 10 Dunmow Town Team announces 2021 Christmas market
Holland Park West