Video: RSPCA rescues "totally stuck" kitten
- Credit: RSPCA
A "totally stuck" kitten has been rescued after getting its head trapped in a rat bait box.
Mishmash is now at Danaher Animal Home in Wethersfield for some rest, while the RSPCA searches for a new home for him.
A member of the public called out the RSPCA after spotting the semi- feral kitten's situation.
RSPCA Inspector Jason Finch cut the plastic box to free the kitten’s head.
Jason said: “This poor little kitten had managed to get himself totally stuck in this box.
“It was a tricky process trying to get him out of the box without causing him any more distress, but thankfully I managed to get him free.
“I checked him over and despite his ordeal he was okay."
He added: “He’s the sweetest looking cat and has been named Mishmish."
- 1 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 2 Live Nativity returns to Great Dunmow this December
- 3 Dunmow's Stables Hotel could become flats as business 'no longer viable'
- 4 Meet the cast of this year's special Harlow Playhouse pantomime Robin Hood
- 5 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 6 Finchingfield's Bethany Shriever crowned Young Sportswoman of the Year
- 7 Festive fun comes to Rayne this December
- 8 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 9 Great Dunmow restaurant Jalsa Ghar at the British Curry Awards
- 10 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
The RSPCA urges the use of humane deterrents for dealing with unwanted rats and mice, including removing food or other resources that attract them.