AT A meeting of the Countess of Warwick Show team, a magnificent all-time record profit was announced. At £23,000, this is the highest ever profit and reflects the crowds who came to support the Show. The sum of £20,000 has been divided equally between th
AT A meeting of the Countess of Warwick Show team, a magnificent all-time record profit was announced. At £23,000, this is the highest ever profit and reflects the crowds who came to support the Show.
The sum of £20,000 has been divided equally between the four churches in the parishes of Broxted with Chickney, Tilty, Little Easton and Great Easton, giving each church £5000.
This means each church has £1000 more than they have ever had. The balance will be retained for the show's contingency fund.
To indicate how this input is so vital to the churches: in 2006 their expenses were over £81,000 or £222 per day.
You may also want to watch:
The current year is running at a similar level and into 2008 they face some major repair work: to the stained glass windows in the Bourchier chapel at Little Easton and belfry repairs at both Broxted and Tilty.
The team sends its thanks to the many volunteers who helped this year and to the local and wider communities for their generous support.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 3 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 4 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 5 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 6 In this week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on Thursday August 5
- 7 Burglars break into Co-op store
- 8 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 9 New intake of junior doctors at Broomfield Hospital
- 10 In pictures: Record numbers enter Stansted in Bloom
I retire this year as show treasurer, reflect on what a glorious note this is to end on and thank the team for their efforts to make this year such a success.
A note for your diary - next year's show is on Sunday and Monday August 24 and 25.