Public swimming takes a nosedive
REGARDING Great Dunmow Leisure Centre and its swimming times I must express my most serious concern at the exceptionally poor amount of swimming times that are now being given to members of the public, which I set out for your information. A new swimming
REGARDING Great Dunmow Leisure Centre and its swimming times I must express my most serious concern at the exceptionally poor amount of swimming times that are now being given to members of the public, which I set out for your information.
A new swimming timetable was printed for the public listing the new times, which are now from April 16 and they have most certainly included far more times for the public.
However, on contacting them just to check before arriving I was then told the following: Wednesday, time 10am to 12 noon, has been cancelled; and Thursday, time 10am to 11am has been cancelled.
Looking at the remainder of the timetable it will be seen that there will be, during the remained of the week, only one hour available for public swimming until 6pm.
On behalf of the very many people who use this quality facility, I find this is totally unacceptable as this was built as a dual purpose building for both Helena Romanes School and for the general public to have a part-share.
Therefore, members of the public should not just be turned away at the last minute.
- 1 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 2 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 3 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
- 4 Wins for High Roding, Aythorpe Roding and Dunmow cricketers
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
- 7 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 8 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Great Dunmow's Soapbox Race's thrills and spills in pictures
Uttlesford District Council should now carry out an immediate investigation. This is unacceptable and suitable steps should be taken to ensure that this type of treatment for their residents does not happen again.
Name and address withheld