Public swimming takes a nosedive
REGARDING Great Dunmow Leisure Centre and its swimming times I must express my most serious concern at the exceptionally poor amount of swimming times that are now being given to members of the public, which I set out for your information. A new swimming
REGARDING Great Dunmow Leisure Centre and its swimming times I must express my most serious concern at the exceptionally poor amount of swimming times that are now being given to members of the public, which I set out for your information.
A new swimming timetable was printed for the public listing the new times, which are now from April 16 and they have most certainly included far more times for the public.
However, on contacting them just to check before arriving I was then told the following: Wednesday, time 10am to 12 noon, has been cancelled; and Thursday, time 10am to 11am has been cancelled.
Looking at the remainder of the timetable it will be seen that there will be, during the remained of the week, only one hour available for public swimming until 6pm.
You may also want to watch:
On behalf of the very many people who use this quality facility, I find this is totally unacceptable as this was built as a dual purpose building for both Helena Romanes School and for the general public to have a part-share.
Therefore, members of the public should not just be turned away at the last minute.
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Numbers seeking support double - can you help Uttlesford foodbank?
Uttlesford District Council should now carry out an immediate investigation. This is unacceptable and suitable steps should be taken to ensure that this type of treatment for their residents does not happen again.
Name and address withheld