Protesters win appeal row over access
REGARDING the planning application decision on the site land south of Springfields, and on behalf of our local councillors who were very well supported by our local residents, we are delighted to be able to confirm the ruling by the government inspector w
REGARDING the planning application decision on the site land south of Springfields, and on behalf of our local councillors who were very well supported by our local residents, we are delighted to be able to confirm the ruling by the government inspector who presided over this application.
The inspector listened very carefully to the relevant admissions that were made by the developers and Uttlesford District Council.
He also took on board the protests made from an extremely large number of local residents when he decided to grant the application that had been made by the Executors of the estates of both Mr and Mrs Owers.
This will now mean that the subject of the developers to provide BOTH new residential accommodation and also affordable housing will be the access via the B125 and NOT via High Stile as was requested by the district council.
We strongly feel that by residents of the local community taking such a positive stance has been a key factor in this matter and everyone who participated should be proud.
Cllr Robert Fox
- 1 Dunmow's Stables Hotel could become flats as business 'no longer viable'
- 2 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 3 'Many questions' claim as Uttlesford leader John Lodge announces resignation
- 4 Dunmow TKD enjoy medal-laden trip to British Championships
- 5 Finchingfield's Bethany Shriever crowned Young Sportswoman of the Year
- 6 Great Dunmow restaurant Jalsa Ghar at the British Curry Awards
- 7 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 8 Christmas in Essex: 9 magical places to visit in winter
- 9 30 new homes proposed for Hatfield Broad Oak
- 10 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in the Dunmow district
Cllr Michael Miller
Cllr Frank Silver