TOO much of our national heritage has been converted to housing for too long and it s time that places such as Tilty watermill got the protection they deserve. Many of our old mills are too far gone to be able to do anything but a change of use to residen
TOO much of our national heritage has been converted to housing for too long and it's time that places such as Tilty watermill got the protection they deserve.
Many of our old mills are too far gone to be able to do anything but a change of use to residential dwelling, but Tilty mill is in a different position with much of it's machinery still there and needs little restoration compared to some to make it a valuable local historical and educational asset.
I'm sure there must be plenty of other places that could be used instead of converting this 800-year-old building of historical interest into just another home or second home.
You may also want to watch:
Ford End Watermill Ivinghoe
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert