Poor parking in Dunmow
I am writing in reference to the parking situation in Great Dunmow. I have been a resident in the town and have owned a property on the High Street for the past seven years. I currently reside at High Stile but still own a property on the High Street oppo
I am writing in reference to the parking situation in Great Dunmow. I have been a resident in the town and have owned a property on the High Street for the past seven years.
I currently reside at High Stile but still own a property on the High Street opposite Foakes Hall. I have recently had a new tenant move into this property and they are having difficulty in finding a suitable parking space. They have been parking in the car park at the hall, which while I appreciate is specifically for users of the hall, usually happens at night when the hall is not being used and the car park is empty.
Surely leaving a car in an empty car park is not an inconvenience? However, they have been approached by management at the hall, who have been rude and malicious and at times abusive, in their approach.
My tenant, who has two young children, asked someone at Foakes Hall where they could suggest that she parked. Their suggestion, which was given begrudgingly and quite abrasively, was to park at Tesco - not a particularly helpful solution for a mother with two small children.
You may also want to watch:
I have asked about buying a parking space at the hall. However, I was quite pointedly told no, although I have discovered that recently the neighbouring garage - Perkins - was able to purchase five spaces. Why is there one rule for businesses and another for residents?
Can anything be done to make the parking in Dunmow better before it gets worse?!
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 7 Almost 800 Essex patients take part in Covid-19 Recovery trial
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 10 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
Joanne Wright, High Stile, Dunmow