FURTHER to your article of August 7 ( No playground for residents children ) regarding the failure of the developers to install play equipment at the Woodland Park Estate, Uttlesford Council refurbished these flats, some 18 months ago at a cost of around
FURTHER to your article of August 7 ('No playground for residents' children') regarding the failure of the developers to install play equipment at the Woodland Park Estate, Uttlesford Council refurbished these flats, some 18 months ago at a cost of around £2 million.
They were opened with a great deal of publicity as being a 'show place development'.
Since then the gardens have been allowed to become overgrown and are fast approaching being as bad as your photo of Woodlands Park.
I believe this problem to be widespread as a housing estate also in Thaxted has amenity land still to be handed over some 15 years later.
You may also want to watch:
Tony Doggett, address supplied
- 1 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 2 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 3 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 4 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 5 Super six for High Easter as they turn on the style against Coggeshall Town youngsters
- 6 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 7 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 8 Stansted author to release second novel
- 9 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 10 Town council challenges water softening decision