THERE S nothing more horrifying or sinister on the water than the sound of a propeller strike! (Patient Meets Lifesaving Crew Broadcast 11/01/07) A recent quote from the East, A whirling blade can cause severe bleeding that can claim a life in seconds,
THERE'S nothing more horrifying or sinister on the water than the sound of a
propeller strike! (Patient Meets Lifesaving Crew Broadcast 11/01/07)
A recent quote from the East, 'A whirling blade can cause severe bleeding that can claim a life in seconds, and there is little that can be done to stop the bleeding'.
The only comparable life altering, disfiguring injury if the subject survives is a wartime injury such as those being suffered by our young heroes in Iraq.
The barbarism of such wanton brutality can easily be stopped. The risk of being shredded by an unguarded propeller can be all but eliminated with such devices without affecting the operation of watercraft.
Such devices enhance the operation of watercraft and its efficiency, including stability and steerage throughout it's performance.
- 1 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 2 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 3 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 4 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 5 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 6 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 7 Great Dunmow Town Council will be asked to declare 'climate emergency'
- 8 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Meet the New Tourism Business of the Year finalists
- 9 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
Our organisation, SAFER BOATING (Safe, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Recreational) has been formed. Our purpose is to establish appropriate, economical but much needed higher safety standards for all recreational watercraft as well as the conditions under which the craft is operated.
Now is the time for all responsible recreational maritime boating vendors to step up to the plate, financially and provide the necessary funds to put a 'production prototype'"into full production and require that the Thrustor be in place to shield persons in and on the water from the continuing horrific, grotesque, life altering, frequently death inducing strike of the exposed boat propeller. It is not responsible to 'let someone else do it.'